In session 24 of the podcast, I was privileged to talk to Cam Huxford, lead singer of the band Ghost Ship.
With a unique sound that blends each member's influences, Ghost Ship (originally called The Holy Ghost Ship), is a convergence of folk, rock, alt-country, pop, and traditional church music, all with a message that is undeniably gospel centered.
Listen to or download the podcast here, and check out the detailed show notes below....
In our conversation we touched on the following things...
- His story of faith in Christ
- The early days of being a a worship pastor
- The difference between a hired hand and a shepherd
- Redeeming music and ministry
- The story of Ghost Ship
- Songwriting as a band
- The importance of the message
- The Good King
- Practical things for writing songs people will sing
- Practical ways Cam stays inspired as a songwriter
- Letting the gospel inspire
- Creativity actually improves when you put clarity first
- Art is better when it's driven by a message and not self-expression
Links for Ghost Ship