In this episode of the CMB Podcast, I speak with singer/songwriter and guitar player Will McFarlane. Will has personally been a mentor to me over the years with regard to music and ministry. He is a prolific songwriter and has been playing music for over 45 years. He's been inducted in the musicians hall of fame, and played guitar with people including Bonnie Rait, Jackson Browne, the Pointer Sisters, and even worship leaders like Paul Baloche and Don Moen.
Listen to or download the podcast here, and check out the detailed show notes below....
Here are a few of the things we touched on:
- being honest with where you are in your skill
- keeping your songwriting simple
- what makes My Girl such a great song
- The importance of a song's "composition factor"
- Co-writing and getting over your insecurities...
Will has greatly helped me as a guitar player, which in turn, has had a direct impact on my songwriting...
So, for all you guitar players, check out Will's YouTube channel and his 30 second guitar lessons.
You can also find out more about Will at his site below.